Baby Café offers free resources for pregnant or postpartum individuals including:
- Support from Certified Lactation Counselors and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Opportunity to weigh your baby before and after feeding
- Refreshments, comfortable seating, and open-forum discussions
- Infant feeding support – you don’t need to be exclusively breastfeeding to participate – we are here to support you with any need you may have!
- Opportunities to share experiences and make friends
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural support (English/Spanish)
Any pregnant or postpartum individual is welcome to join Baby Café. You do not have to be a Brigham and Women’s patient in order to participate. Additionally, you are welcome to bring an additional person for support.
Baby Café: COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved our Baby Café to a virtual setting. This free virtual postpartum support group will be staffed by Certified Lactation Counselors. This postpartum group will be available for drop ins on Wednesday mornings from 10:30AM – 11:30PM on Zoom.
Please register ahead of time so that we can prioritize the safety and security of all who participate.
Debido a la pandemia de COVID-19, hemos cambiado nuestro Baby Café a un grupo virtual. Este grupo de apoyo postparto tiene asesores certificados en lactancia. Este grupo estará disponible para visitas los miércoles por la mañana de 10:30 hasta 11:30 por Zoom.
Por favor, regístrese antes del grupo para que podamos priorizar la seguridad de todos participantes.
Hours & Location
Our Baby Café is located at the Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center in the Health Promotion Center (Entry on Green Street, next door to the JP Animal Clinic).
Baby Café is held Wednesday mornings from 9:30am – 11:30am. The group is drop-in, so no need to make an appointment. Drop by for 20 minutes or stay as long as you’d like!
Looking for additional breastfeeding support?
We are proud to be a part of the Boston Breastfeeding Coalition, which works to improve access to breastfeeding support for every caregiver in Boston and promote social connections and optimal child enrichment in early life.
For a list of other Baby Café locations in Boston, please visit the Boston Breastfeeding Support Group Calendar.