We are hiring some (very) part-time young parent ambassadors to help us with our programming! As a young parent ambassador, you will work directly with staff in the Health Equity Programs department of Brigham and Women’s Hospital to design, implement and guide activities related to health planning and young parent programs. Ambassador activities include; contributions on social media (Facebook, Twitter etc), participation in leadership and outreach training, serve on young parent advisory committee and planning and outreach for the Annual Summit for Teen Empowerment and Parenting Success (STEPS) conference.
In order to apply you must be:
- 25 year old or younger
- MUST be a current or former pregnant or parenting young adult
- Be able to commit to working 20 hours per month
The application to become a young parent ambassador has four parts.
- Part 1: complete an online application through Brigham and Women’s Hospital http://careers.brighamandwomens.org/Results.aspx?category=&location=&shift=&jobopenid=2238256&keyword
- Part 2: Complete a young parent ambassador application (attached to this email)
- Part 3: Submit a letter of support (this can be from anybody—friend, teacher, parent, etc.—who can speak to why you should be a young parent ambassador)
- Part 4: Submit a personal statement—you will need to answer one of the below questions (your response should be 1-2 pages long).
- Describe the world you come from—(for example your family, community or school)–and tell us how your world has shaped your hopes and dreams.
- How do you define leadership? Why do you think you are a leader for other young parents?
Once you have completed all parts of the application (and applied online on the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Website) then submit all application materials to Ariel Childs:
- You can email them to Ariel at email@example.com
- You can fax them to Ariel at Attn: Ariel Childs 617-582-0191
- You can mail them to Ariel at
The Center for Community Health & Health Equity
Attn: Ariel Childs
801 Mass Ave, Suite 610
Boston MA 02118
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We look forward to receiving your application! Also don’t forget that we are still accepting submissions for our young parent anthology so please send us your writing, drawing, photography or anything else that shows why you are Proud to Parent. And don’t forget to mark your calendars for the annual 2013 STEPS young parent conference on June 27th 2013!